The Best of the Best
With a combination of best practices in education (see sidebar), commitment to teachers, and a rich background in her fields of study, Chaia May delivers teacher-training programs for educators that hit the mark every time. With Chaia’s training, teachers can learn how to reach their students effectively and with relevance.
Chaia’s teacher-training programs cover a range of topics including The Neurobiology of Movement (an analysis of the brain and the nervous system in relation to movement), addressing sensory integration issues in the classroom and home, and integrating classical music into the music curriculum.
Chaia’s highly interactive workshop presentations are designed to meet the needs of new and experienced teachers, as well as leaders of family education programs.
- Creative and practical curriculum development for abstract concepts
- Lesson-plan design for student enjoyment and understanding
- Suggestions for songs, movement, stories, dramatic role-play, puppetry, and arts and crafts to heighten the student experience and integrate rich sensory input as well as help calm and focus children
- Fill the need for music education with rich, highly interactive and engaging classical music curriculum for ages 2-5
Teacher Training Seminar Topcs
- Introducing original and traditional stories designed especially for ages two through six
- Using interactive songs and chants, accompanied by games and movement exercises
- Understanding neurological basis of movement—an overview of sensory integration, the latest in brain research on children with special needs and how to integrate both into the pre-school classroom
- Increasing sensory integration techniques into the daily classroom with rituals that stimulate sensory development
- Incorporating emotional management techniques into the daily classroom, for typical and atypical children
- Learning Jewish music and movement for pre-school, K-2, and Jewish Day School classrooms
- Incorporating family histories and Jewish values with curriculum
- Developing environmental consciousness through holiday activities and songs of praise
- Making High Holidays—Days of Awe—meaningful for children and parents
- Discovering “Worlds of Wonder” through holiday celebration
- Helping children develop Menschlichkeit (good manners)
- Teaching Tefillah: “Making Prayer Fun and Lively”
- Examining spirituality through “Songs Within Us”