San Mateo County Memorial Park – Summer Camp for ages 6-14, August 2017
We stayed in San Mateo County Memorial Park, and were guided by renowned naturalist Nate Grieg, visiting biologist and photographer Ursula Esser, recreational director Kelly Murray, and a music/movement instructor.
Read the newsletter about 2017 Summer Camp at Memorial Park
Summer camp for children ages 6-14 – July, 2016
We stayed in Big Basin State park and explored the “less-discovered” parts of Big Sur, Santa Cruz, Monterey and Pescadero. We were guided by renowned naturalist Nate Grieg, visiting biologist and photographer Ursula Esser, professional musician Katie Cameron, and professional dancer Pallas Sluyter
Read the newsletter about 2016 Summer Camp at Big Basin
Exploring the Wilds of Shasta – August 2015
5-day, 4-night outdoor immersion camp at Pit River Campground #1
Includes fishing, hiking, canoeing, waterfalls, lava tubes, fumaroles, springs, wildlife, stargazing in a family-based, low-intensity kind of style
Children and/or families welcome!
- Monday — Depart Bay Area (as early as possible), arrive at campground, set up camp, swim, fish, eat, sleep
- Tuesday — Burney Falls SP, discuss Cascade Range and basalt flows (using waterfall as example)
- Wednesday — Lava Tubes National Monument* Explore underground labyrinth and learn about California’s cultural history with emphasis on Modoc Wars
- Thursday — McCloud Falls. Hike to waterfalls, swim, fish and aquatic field biology in one of California’s most healthy watersheds.
- Friday — Breakdown camp, small activities (swimming, fishing)
Exploring the Wilds of Shasta – August 2014
Come explore the wilds of Mount Shasta with Nate the Naturalist, Chaia May and Camp Chaia!
5 day – 4 night Outdoor Immersion Camp
Pit River Campground # 1
Ages 6-9 years and 10-14 years
Fishing, Hiking, Canoeing, Waterfalls, Lava tubes, Fumaroles, Wildlife!
Family based, low-intensity stargazing!
- Day 1 — Depart Bay Area (as early as possible), arrive at campground, set up camp, swim, fish, eat, sleep
- Day 2 — McCloud River: hiking to waterfalls and Fishing
- Day 3 — Ahjumawi Springs State Park: Canoeing, Fishing
- Day 4 — Hat Creek Valley/Lassen National Park: Hiking to lava flows, geothermal springs, fumaroles, explore half-mile long lava tube, visit fish hatchery
- Day 5 — Breakdown camp, small activities (swimming, fishing)
Find Your Voice! – June 2013
There are so many ways to do this!
Learn to speak out, speak publicly or improvise in the moment in a group with specialists from around the Country!
LearningPlay presents the following New and Exciting Programs for School Aged Children featuring our Nature Education Specialist Nate Grieg and Chaia’s wonderful supportive Staff!